You won't want to miss this year's expanded schedule offering 20 sessions on Saturday, including specialized tracks geared toward writers at all stages of their career. Whether you're just "Getting Started," are a "Beginner" or "Advanced" writer, or fall somewhere in the middle as an "Intermediate" writer, there are panels just for you. There's also an all-new Technology track that will walk you through things like how to use the hottest "must-have" gadgets geared toward writers and how to put Twitter to work for you.
Here are a few of the highlights from our friends at ASJA:
- Querying 101: Make the most of your first impression. Senior editors at three major magazines give inside tips on the best way to introduce yourself, what to include in a really great pitch, when it's too soon to follow-up, what subject lines grab their attention, and more. You'll also get some examples of their favorite pitches and letters of introduction.
- Creating Kill-proof Copy: Cut out edits. Editors from three major national magazines tell how to avoid common mistakes that result in multiple edits, pieces getting killed or, most importantly, not being considered for future work.
- Posting for Dollars : Why not get paid to blog and tweet? Learn how to brand your blog, develop your platform, and get paid for those posts and witty tweets. Hear from editors who hire freelancers to blog and tweet as well as writers who are earning money with each click.
- Content into Cash: Create and Sell Information Products: Give your income a hefty boost by creating and selling e-books, reports, and instruction manuals, and more. Come hear how to turn your intellectual property into information products without the involvement of a book or magazine publisher. (I'm a panelist on this one.)
- Links, Friends and Tweets. Using Social Networking: Blogging, tweeting, connecting and podcasting can open doors with editors and agents. Hear how to increase your social networking platform and learn just how social editors expect you to be.
I'll be there; I hope you'll join me!